CONVERSE RUBBER TRACKS DEBUTS ORIGINAL MUSIC RECORDED AT ICONIC STUDIOS WORLDWIDE
Today, CONVERSE Inc. announces the launch of a new playlist featuring 13 tracks of original music recorded by emerging artists worldwide as part of the recent Converse Rubber Tracks global studio takeover this past September. The program provided 84 up-and-coming music acts free recording time at legendary recording studios over a two-week period. To celebrate its success and the artists that recorded, Converse Rubber Tracks will debut a growing music compilation premiering 13 new songs recorded at iconic studios such as Abbey Road in London, England; Hansa Tonstudio in Berlin, Germany; Tuff Gong in Jamaica, Kingston; and Stankonia in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Converse Rubber Tracks playlist will be a growing compilation, slated to feature select original music from the 84 artists chosen to be a part of the studio takeover. Representing artists from over 25 countries such as Australia, Brasil, Canada, China, France, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, United Kingdom, the United States of America, and more, the playlist will feature:
- ChaCha & IN3 (Shanghai & Beijing, China) – Recorded at Stankonia in Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Coro MC (Fortaleza, Brasil) – Recorded at Toca do Bandido in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
- Diamond Thug (Cape Town, South Africa) – Recorded at Converse Rubber Tracks in Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Down & Outlaws (San Francisco, California, USA) – Recorded at The Warehouse Studio in Vancouver, Canada
- Fever Charm (Oakland, California, USA) – Recorded at Studios 301 in Sydney, Australia
- Indische Party (Jakarta, Indonesia) – Recorded at Abbey Road in London, England
- The Magic Gang (Brighton, United Kingdom) – Recorded at Tuff Gong in Kingston, Jamaica
- Pax Bai (Chengdu, China) – Recorded at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles, California, USA
- Planta Carnivora (Santiago, Chile) – Recorded at Stankonia in Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Pumpkins (Xinxiang City, China) – Recorded at Hansa Tonstudio in Berlin, Germany
- The Lytics (Winnipeg, Canada) – Recorded at Converse Rubber Tracks in Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Vaya Futuro (Mexico City, Mexico) – Recorded at Greenhouse Studios in Reykjavik, Iceland
- Water Rats (São Paulo, Brasil) – Recorded at Avast Recording Co. in Seattle, Washington, USA
In support of the playlist release, Converse will also debut 10 short videos that feature key moments captured throughout the recording period, including surprise visits from world-renowned artists, Mark Ronson, Thurston Moore, Marky Ramone, Sly & Robbie, and more, who helped mentor the recording process. Of the 10 videos, four will serve as teasers to more in-depth documentaries surrounding four emerging artists’ unique experiences throughout the program. Scheduled for release early next year, the four films closely follow the journey of Brasilian alt-rock band, Water Rats as they make their way to Avast Recording Co.; Chinese punk rock group, Pumpkins to Hansa Tonstudio; British indie-rock quartet, Magic Gang to Tuff Gong; and Providence-based hip hop MC, DAP to Abbey Road.
To access the new playlist, please visit: https://soundcloud.com/conversemusic/sets/converse-rubber-tracks. To watch the videos and learn more about the Converse Rubber Tracks global studio takeover, please visit: http://www.converse-music.com/worldwide.